The Proposed Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce Facility
The Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce project is the second biomethanization plant in North America for Nature Energy and Énergir Développement. The project in Farnham plans to use 715,000 tonnes of biomass, of which 80% will come from agricultural sources and the remaining 20% from the agri-food industry.
Because the region is densely populated with farms capable of providing many times the biomass required for the operations of a Nature Energy plant.
Projected Project Timeline
- Meetings with local decision makers
- Land selection process
- Information sessions with local farmers
- Public consultations with Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce population
- Detailed engineering, permit applications and other studies in progress
- Preparation of the site
- Ground breaking event
- Initiation of the facility construction
- Injection of RNG to the local gas grid
You want to contribute?
If you are an agricultor in the Farnham area, please don’t hesitate to reach out to learn more on how we can collaborate!